Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Fw: Region IV Weekly Report for 11/14-20/13




Weekly reports generated by Region VI NSOs, 11/14-27/2013:

San Diego VARO:
Reports below are for two weeks, due to the fact that I was out of the office Thanksgiving week.
Spoke with Celeste at VA Fresno Hospital.  Trying to get a Special Exemption, to permit a spouse to travel on the DAV Shuttle from the Hospital to Palo Alto to visit with her husband, who is currently at the VA Fresno Hospital and will be transferred to Palo Alto.  Awaiting response from DAV Transportation and also have Art Harris out of VARO Oakland trying as well.  Tried contacting the spouse, but she has not returned my call yet.
No news of space for MOPH office in Fresno/Bakersfield area yet.
Region VI has 3 pending POAs in SEP and I have requested that the specific office of jurisdiction, (VARO Oakland, VARO LA and VARO Hawaii) review same and either accept or reject accordingly.
I continue to do sign offs daily and continue training of new NSOs and AA in VARO SD location.   I have followed-up on the NODs and appeals, as well as responding to phone calls, emails, claim review, etc.  Have had numerous calls regarding various issues from both other NSOs as well as veterans' wanting information.
Reviewed and submitted response regarding Region VI budget figures.
Our VA SCM Meeting was re-scheduled for next Friday (11/22/13).
Attended SCM meeting and it was very short (10-15min).  The only items discussed were FDC claims backlog still playing catch up.
Was out of the office the week of 11/25-27/13 for PTO; however, kept in contact with my Region, returned emails and phone calls, approved timecards for end of month and reviewed VCMS.
Eddie Kimes, NSO - Las Vegas:
Completed and arranged previous day�s claim input in VCMS.  Searched for any claims that have changed status in SHARE.  Assist veteran with paperwork trying to receive a Purple Heart.  Veteran in hospital and wife asking to expedite claim.  Submitted documents to Reno and e-mailed corresponding management in Reno.
Check VCMS and SHARE for claim statuses and completions for Monthly report.  Filed new claims-service connected and  increased evaluation.
General office duties and returned phone calls from phone messages. Searched claim statuses.
Went to Vet Center to meet veteran for assistance with VA paperwork, answered general questions and consultation purposes.  
Veteran received $152,413 retroactive pay for claim that went through BVA hearing. Checked VCMS and SHARE for claim statuses and awards. Found award letter in Virtual VA to input Monthly Report.  Filed new claims-service connected and  increased evaluation.
Participated in taking e-benefits class via computer/phone.  Traveled to Vet Center to meet veteran for assistance with VA paperwork, answered general questions and consultation purposes.

Joseph Phillips, NSO - VAMC Long Beach, CA:
No report received for 11/14-20/13 or 11/21-27/13, although I did send email requesting same.
Tony DeVore, NSO - VARO San Diego, CA:
Met with several vets this week and had a lot of phone calls.  Filed several claims and an NOD.  Received a Retro Payment in the amount of $44,000.00, on a veteran.   Have been working on projects for VCMS with the committee.  Also in between veteran walk-ins, appts and phone calls, we are wrapping up the purging of the files that were pulled during the Gov shutdown and also updating their files both in office and in VCMS.
This week was very busy with phone calls and walk-in appointments.   Filed several claims and an NOD.  Entered several Awards and Ratings that were received in the office.   Scheduled several upcoming appointments and preparing for hearings that are scheduled for December.
Arthur Harris, NSO - VARO Oakland, CA:
Amount of phone call are high for this week with questions about claims and checking on status of claims. Had two appointments this week both to start new claims for increase. Helping one veteran�s spouse who�s is currently in a coma, to include a special exemption request for travel. Also the veteran Dale Madewell received a retro in the amount of 126,602.
For the week the phone call were low maybe due to holidays, had one appointment with veteran. Spent the week trying to get veterans claims expedited for my two veterans with serious medical issues and over 80 years old.  Also doing research for veterans on appeal to include weekly VCMS entries.
Tennell Brady, NSO - VARO Los Angeles, CA:
During the week, this office conducted several interviews with veterans regarding their claims, responded to many calls and submitted claims to the VA.  Continue instructing new employees regarding rules and policies of the Military Order of the Purple Heart, including login procedures for VCMS, ADP, Concur, and other tools used in this office.  Conferred with ISO of Regional Office to ascertain when new employees will receive computer access.  Took new employees to get ID security badges, parking permits and other related matters.  Had new employees sit in on several interviews to observe how an interview is conducted.  Went to the West LA hospital office to continue packing, because of the renovation project being conducted at that office.
During the week, this office meet with many veterans, responded to calls and submitted claims to the VA.  Continuing instructing new employees regarding rules and policies of the Military Order of the Purple Heart including login procedures for VCMS, ADP, Concur, and other tools used in this office.
Ron Quinata, NSO - Guam:
Attended the Retirement Appreciation Day with at least little over a hundred in attendance.  I had a table set up and did talk to several retirees, answered questions and introduced myself.  VBA was also, represented and talked a little bit about benefits. It was held from 8-12 noon Saturday, 15 November. Continued with administrative work on recurring claims, advised veterans on appeals and following up with phone calls on letters received most especially when a 5103 is attached.
Submitted Annual Recertification of ROH and System Access Agreement to VBA Honolulu IT Office as requested. Continued assisting veterans with recurring claims as well as new clients. Assisted in telephone calls and
other administrative functions i.e. updates. Assisted total of 11 new and recurring claims and numerous phone calls.
Jay Parker, NSO - VARO Phoenix:
The week begins with my regular visit to the hospital.  While there I set up a once a month meeting with Foundation members to try and provide better service to veterans.  There is an 0nline class scheduled for Thursday.  This is a refresher course on navigating e-benefits for filing claims, information from DOD,map-d and other sources.  Many veterans are trying to come to MOPH but I can�t take them because they are in appeal.  I am reviewing decisions, doing data entry and working VBMS and SEP.
I visited the hospital once.  I am going to miss the monthly mini stand down with the PH foundation members this month due to PTO but will resume in January.  I completed a mandatory class on e-benefits that didn�t work online so the slides to allow us to complete the class.  I also completed the VHA security required for Capri access.
I attended a meeting with the RO Director, service center manager, some coaches and IG.  The subject was the need for service officers to also receive 5103�s.  Data entry and general office duties.
Cheryl Paden, NSO - VAMC Tucson:
I attended a VSO meeting at the Hospital and spoke about the problems with our internet and that the VA internet was right next door.  Deborah Brookshire and Dale Wilson are going to check to see if we can get that transferred to this building. 
Submitted claims to VARO Phoenix and I have spoken to Jay about several Veterans to find best ways to help them.
I have returned messages and I have been getting referrals from Veterans and medical staff at SAVAHCS.  Reviewed decision Letters and entered all information into VCMS.   I received a Retro of $42,168 for one of my veterans.
I gave paperwork/homework to Veterans in order to file FDC claims for them.   I have reviewed decision letters, worked on filing and general office duties, including reviewing and responding to emails, telephone calls, etc.
Submitted claims and have spoken to Jay about several Veterans to find best ways to help them.  I checked status on existing claims for Veterans and submitted paperwork the VA was requesting.  Returned messages.  I was working with Jay on getting a Veteran that is alive but the VA stated he died in 2004.  Reviewed decision letters and entered all information into VCMS.

I gave paperwork/homework to Veterans so I can submit FDC claims for them.

Continue to review decision letters, worked on filing and general office duties.  Continued other normal daily activities, filing, reviewing and responding to emails, telephone calls, etc.

 
Raphael Paris, NSO - VARO Honolulu:
Sat in on weekly SEP demos lync meeting, attended monthly VSCM meeting, meeting agenda, discussed VA 334 project, computer access.
Conducted several interviews with veterans getting ready to exit out of the service and/or already out of service.
Submitted new POA and FDC claims to VA,  submitted change of address request for veterans.  Received correspondence letters for both Honolulu and Guam, mailed out letters to Guam.  Returned/receive calls from veterans asking for status of claim, also spoke to veterans in reference to VA examinations.  Continue input into VCMS of awards, claims, etc.  General office duties, including making of new files,purging. Follow-up on pending claims.
Conducted interviews with veterans already out of service about service connection conditions and VA health registry procedures.  Met with veterans to discuss VA award letter for increase compensation.  Submitted FDC claim to VA , and 8940 for veteran who recently relocated from California to Honolulu.
Received correspondence and award letters for both Honolulu and Guam, mailed out letters to Guam. Returned/received calls from veterans asking for status of claim, also spoke to veterans in reference to VA examinations. R equested and accepted transfer of veteran from VCMS as veteran resides in Hawaii.
Continue input into VCMS of awards, claims, etc.  General office duties, including making of new files,purging. Follow-up on pending claims.
Breana King, NSO - VAMC Loma Linda:
This week I had a really busy week.  I filed several new claims for Increases and new disabilities.  I also signed a few new POA�s and submitted additional evidence for pending claims.  Like every Friday, I used part of the day seeing Vets then I get caught up on filing, data entry, and sending out mail for the week and returning phone calls.   On Monday my office was closed due to a Medical appointment.  I had several new vets file Original claims.  I had one big retro for $45,368.90.
This week was a little busy.  I saw several Vets who wanted to file Original Claims as well as claims for Increase, I signed several new POA�s.  Since this week was the last week of the month due to the Holiday, I had to get all mail out and all claims entered into VCMS.  I returned all phone calls and started my end of the year purging files.
Michael Mullen, NSO - VAMC La Jolla:
It has been a very busy week, I was answering calls, returning messages, I saw more clients than normal, submitted evidence, and entered many ratings.   I assisted several veterans in sending off for STR�s so we can decide if they have possible claim.  It�s almost been 3 weeks since I put in a work order with the ITT department, because my printer and fax stopped working due to a Windows 7 update the VA made over 3 weeks ago.  I have called several times and all they tell me is that I�m listed as a priority work order.   On Thursday, I was finally able to link my computer to a network printer on the other side of the hospital.  I spent several days printing out all kinds of claims and evidence.  I am still waiting on some of those veterans to come in and sign forms in order for their claims to be submitted.
It has been a very busy week, I was answering calls, returning messages, I saw a lot more clients than normal, submitted evidence, and I entered a lot of ratings as well.  It�s now been over 4 weeks since I put in a work order with the ITT department, because my printer and fax stopped working due to a Windows 7 update the VA made over 4 weeks ago.  I�m still printing on a network printer on the other side of the hospital, but the most inconvenient part is not having a fax.  Last week was probably the busiest week I�ve had  this year!
Erin Hamlin, NSO - Salt Lake City:
Made and returned numerous phone calls.  I reviewed 2 Utah Rating Decisions.  I continue my efforts to go through my office files and get them in order.  12 BDD/PLCP Rating Decisions and 1 PLCP SOCs.  I forwarded 1 PLCP Development Letters.
No report received for 11/21-27/13, although I did send email requesting same.

No comments:

Post a Comment