Sunday, November 17, 2013

FW: MOPH Region VI Weekly Report 11/7-13/13

Subject: FW: MOPH Region VI Weekly Report 11/7-13/13
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 12:18:14 -0800

Commander Small and Jim Richards:

Please see weekly reports generated by Region VI NSOs, 11/7-13/2013:

San Diego VARO:
I have started back on continuing my  quest for MOPH space in Central CA somewhere between Fresno/Clovis area south to Bakersfield. 
Traveled to VAMC Long Beach and conducted a Site Visit and NSO Annual Evaluation and traveled back to San Diego.  There will be two (2) new hires starting 11/18/13, (1 NSO at  VAMC Sepulveda/Wadsworth/1AA at VARO LA); and, one (1) AA that was promoted to NSO, starting to be trained as well.
Attended Veteran's Day Parade.
Submitted the evals and site visit reports for VARO LA and VAMC Long Beach. 
I continue to do sign offs daily and continue training of new NSO and AA in VARO SD location.  I continue my follow-ups on NODs and Appeals, as well as responding to phone calls, emails, claim review, etc. 
Eddie Kimes, NSO - Las Vegas:
Completed and arranged claim input in VCMS. Searched for any claims that has changed status in SHARE. Veteran with 1pm appointment filed new claim.
General office duties and returned phone calls from phone messages. Searched claim statuses.
Met with veteran who had a request an overpayment adjustment. I assisted him with the necessary paperwork for submittal to PMC.   Also veteran came in to file a service connectedclaim for benefits.
Went to Vet Center to meet veteran group for consultation purposes.  Went back to office to address phone messages, return calls and other office duties.
Filed dependent claim.


Joseph Phillips, NSO - VAMC Long Beach, CA:
Received several phone calls from Social Workers here at the VAMC about Vets hospital records showing that they are 100% SC and receiving A&A but the Vets claim they are not 100% or receiving A&A.  In all cases the hospital records are wrong. Social Workers will check with VSO�s before turning down vets for in home health care services. 
I continue seeing Vets about a myriad of veteran�s services.  I continue purging files of unnecessary documents to make more room in files drawers.  Per my RFS I had the archive file moved from the copy room into my office.  I inputted award letters into VCMS.  Assisted homeless vet with getting a meal and tokens to go to US Vets homeless program.
Tony DeVore, NSO - VARO San Diego, CA:
There were many walk-in appointments along with phone calls and several follow-up phone calls regarding pending claims and appeals with the Dept. of VA.   A lot of data input from the DTA letters to also include Awards & Rating Decisions received.  Several new claims were filed with the Dept. of VA. 

Arthur Harris, NSO - VARO Oakland, CA:

This week phone calls are normal have had an appointment every day this week with a veteran. Also there was a Service Center meeting with all the VSO�s in the area, the topic was rating�s in VBMS will no longer be printed by the Service center so we have to check the ratings in VBMS.   There was also a veterans rally in front of the building that caused a minor crowd to form but no effects on the persons working at the RO. Also we got a veteran an effective date of January 1976 for his service connection with a retro of $38,949.


Tennell Brady, NSO - VARO Los Angeles, CA:

During the week, this office conducted several interviews, responded to many calls and submitted many claims to the VA.  Began instructing new employees regarding rules and policies of the Military Order of the Purple Heart and demonstrating how this office operates to include showing login procedures for VCMS, ADP, Concur, and other tools used in this office.  Also continue to update files and input remaining awards left from previous NSO.  Ventured to the West LA hospital office to begin packing, because of the renovation project being conducted at that office.


Ron Quinata, NSO - Guam:

Sick Leave, Friday.  Attended the annual Veterans Day Ceremonies held at the Governor's Office Grounds, a very
solemn hour of remembrance of those who have gone before us and continues to preserve our Freedom. Guest speakers from military, Governor and finally awards to Veterans of the Year from different veterans
organizations and villages.  Assisted several veterans regarding claims. Documents submitted to VBA for processing with date stamped on file copies as well.  Continued assisting with recurrent claims, administrative
and telephone calls.
 

Jay Parker, NSO - VARO Phoenix:
I visited the hospital as I always do.  I learned we have a new director so I must build new bridges.
I spend two or three mornings each week at the Vet Center (before opening our office).  They have stationed a Psychologist at the center so now reports from there will carry more weight than one from a social worker.
General office duties, review decisions which are a little slower this week because this RO is pretty empty this last week due to annual leave.  Data entry, purging, training Lisa, she is doing well.
Cheryl Paden, NSO - VAMC Tucson:
I now have VBMS again, I did not need to reapply, Jay worked with the IRM to get it back to me.  I also have SEP and it is up and working.
Participated in "Home Again" and met with Veterans and explained paperwork and handed out some homework.
Received messages about their claims pending and phoned to check status of claim filed in June and found out that VA has him listed as being dead, since 8-18-2004, everything has been sent to the Phoenix RO to get this problem straightened out.
Reviewed decision Letters and entered all information into VCMS, filing and general office duties.
I handed out paperwork/homework to Veterans so I can file FDC claims for them and filed claims, VCAA's. 
Raphael Paris, NSO - VARO Honolulu:
Conducted several interviews with veterans getting ready to exit out of the service and/or already out of service, filed new POAs, submitted claims to VA, both New claims and informal claims.  Informal claims veteran is working on getting medical records will submit FDC at later date.
Met with veteran who has been represented through MOPH San Diego office, requested transfer in VCMS from San Diego NSO as veteran now resides in Hawaii.  Received VA correspondence letters an award letters for both Honolulu and Guam, mailed out letters to Guam.   Returned/received calls from veterans asking for status of claim, also spoke to veterans in reference to va examinations.
Continue input into VCMS of awards, claims, etc.  General office duties, including making of new files,purging. Follow-up on pending claims.

Breana King, NSO - VAMC Loma Linda:

We have a new director and public affairs person we haven�t had any meetings or anything.
I saw several Vets this weeks, filed several claims and signed new POA�s, as well as submitted evidence for pending claims.  I used part of Friday catching up on filing, data entry and getting all of my mail out for the week and returning all phone calls.  I have several OIE-OEF Vets who have come in and filled out their necessary forms (21-22, 21-526EZ, DD-214), but they wish to have their claim processed through the FDC program so I am just waiting a copy of their STR�s which I should have by Friday.


Michael Mullen, NSO - VAMC La Jolla:

This was a slow week of work for me, I was answering calls, returning messages, I saw fewer clients than normal, submitted evidence, and entered some ratings.   I assisted several veterans in sending off for STR�s so we can decide if they have possible claim.   Most of those veterans were computer illiterate and required my assistance to do it online.   It�s now been over a week since I put in a work order with the ITT department, because my printer and fax stopped working due to a Windows 7 update the VA made the other day.   I have called several times and all they tell me is that I�m listed as a priority work order.   I�ve been scheduling appointments with veterans for later in this week because of this issue, but now these veterans will start coming in tomorrow and it�s still not resolved.   I will have to call and reschedule with some of them tomorrow If don�t hear any news from IT by the morning.


Erin Hamlin, NSO - Salt Lake City:
Made and returned numerous phone calls.  I continue my efforts to go through my office files and get them in order. 11 BDD/PLCP Rating Decisions and no PLCP SOCs.  I forwarded 8 PLCP Development Letters.


No comments:

Post a Comment