Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Fw: MOPH Region VI Weekly Report 1/30-2/12/2014




Commander Small and Jim Richards:

Weekly reports generated by Region VI NSOs, 1/30-2/12/2014.

San Diego VARO:
Contacted Region VI NSO offices for various confirmations of equipment, various veterans and status along with follow-up.  Responding to many emails, along with various research data and various NSOs needing guidance or claim clarification.
Continuing my quest again for an office somewhere between Fresno and Bakersfield.  This is difficult as there is no space for MOPH at the VA Hospital or Veteran Center.  Unless I can locate another facility, the only other option would be trying for another area or paying out of pocket for space, which would not be feasible, as they (NSO) would not have access to various programs needed from the VA. 
Researching data for the training class I am instructing on Survivor Benefit Information of Military  Personnel KIA and what benefits they may be entitled, (monthly DIC, Pension, Education, Medical, etc. (spouse, parents, children)).
Continue with training of new NSOs and AAs in both VARO San Diego and VARO Los Angeles locations.   Continue on Follow-up with NODs and Appeals, as well as responding to phone calls, emails, claim review, etc.
Continue to review data in VCMS and checking Share/Vacols, Virtual VA, etc. for accuracy. Continue checking daily timecards and daily sign offs.  Reviewing  and submission of VCMS Monthly Reports. 
Eddie Kimes, NSO - Las Vegas:
Checked VCMS and Share for claim status and awards.  Conducted veteran consultations.  Attended DRO hearing 2/3/14.
Returned phone calls and made appointments.
Filed new claims and POAs and submitted various claims and evidence with signature paperwork.
Went to Vet Center for veteran consultations and assisted living facility to file elderly veteran�s aid and attendance claim.
Joseph Phillips, NSO - VAMC Long Beach, CA:
I continue seeing Vets about a myriad of veteran�s services.  I inputted award letters into VCMS and updated diary entries.  Assisted Surviving Spouse with a Fee Basis claim.  Assisted homeless Vet with a discharge up-grade.
Assisted homeless Vet with getting a free meal in the cafeteria.  I also referred him to the Villages of Cabrillo (Center for Homeless Vets).  I had an impromptu meeting with the Chief of Volunteer Services regarding the difficulty we are having in getting DBQs completed by VA physicians.  I sent him an e-mail explaining the FDC process and the importance of DBQ�s.  I also sent him VHA Directive 2013-002:  DOCUMENTATION OF MEDICAL EVIDENCE FOR DISABILITY EVALUATION PURPOSES.
Tony DeVore, NSO - VARO San Diego, CA:
Had a very busy end of the month and the beginning of the month has been busy with Award Letters and Ratings received.   Have had several appointments this 1st week of Feb and several hearings to prepare for in the next few weeks.
Continue general office duties, returning emails, making and receiving telephone calls regarding status, claims and general information.  Filing, purging, reviewing pending claims/appeals and continue training of new AA.
Arthur Harris, NSO - VARO Oakland, CA:
This week the phone calls are normal, the veteran coming in with appointments were similar as last week. We have spent the week doing the monthly reports and checking and updating VCMS, VBMS and SEP; also reviewed two cases for appeal this week to include one expedited case of a terminal veteran. 
Tennell Brady, NSO - VARO Los Angeles, CA:
During the week, this office conducted numerous live interviews, responded to telephone calls and submitted claims to the VA.   I went with Daniel Soto to Wadsworth to begin his tenure at that building.   I will venture with Mr. Soto to Sepulveda for the same reason. This office received a new copier/fax/scanner.   We began the process of installing and ensuring that it was connected to RO systems.
Attended a meeting with new temporary Director of LARO, Mrs. Julie Bear. Topics of discussion included the opening of new DBQ clinic at the outpatient clinic at Sepulveda, and the pending development of a DBQ clinic at Wadsworth; the ongoing development of the VA Systems of VBMS and SEP.  
Johnnell Jackson, NSO - VARO Los Angeles, CA:
I�ve received multiple phone calls, faxed veterans information where needed, filed award letters as well as correspondence, mailed paper work to their designated areas, made appointments for veterans, helped veterans with various questions, sent claims to the VA to be date stamped.
Daniel Soto, NSO - VAMC Sepulveda/Wadsworth:
I completed the VCMS trainer courses.  I also was in contact with volunteer services to expedite my transition with gaining computer access at Wadsworth and Sepulveda location.  I assisted the staff with interviews and completing forms for clients.
Ron Quinata, NSO - Guam:
Assisted veterans/dependents;  Forwarded $500 donation to MOPH.  Received another
client's donation, $200 to MOPH National Service Program for Office needs, will forward to HQS MOPH.  Veteran received Retro $32,764.00.
Continued administrative work in the office, i.e. updating VCMS, following up on letters received, filing letters received many telephone calls, email responses.
Jay Parker, NSO - VARO Phoenix:
Walk-ins have been a little slow this week.  Have had several requests for increase and status checks over the phone.
The VA is starting to push harder for D2D. That is only in the sense of sending more information on the nature of it.  The VA Change officer is sending a power point on D2D.  I think this is great because it allows us to become familiar with the program.
I met with the VA concerning the dropped document (upload issue�s) problem with Von Apps.  They have installed a fix, success remains to be seen.
During one of my visits to the hospital a veteran pulled a knife on a nurse.  Because this is the third time in two years VHA is considering security checks at the doors.
There have been two incidents with our clients this week.  They both have received decision letters for someone else in the same envelope with their decision.
As usual purging and retiring of claim folders.
Helping Tucson with some issues.  Going upstairs to have some things corrected for Tucson.
General office duties.
Cheryl Paden, NSO - VAMC Tucson:
I have helped Veterans with their pending claims.

I returned messages and emails some trying to find out what they need to bring in to start a new claim and some to get updates on their pending claims.
I gave paperwork/homework to Veterans so I can submit FDC claims for them.

I have reviewed decision letters, worked on filing and general office duties.  Continued other normal daily activities, filing, reviewing , etc.  I am back to working on cleaning the files.

I am still doing research on Korat and Saudi for 2 new claims, so I can do a fully developed claim for a veteran that was stationed there and he called and is just about ready to come and see me.
I had to do some work on getting my new printer to fax properly and to scan documents.

Raphael Paris, NSO - VARO Honolulu:
Several veterans came in to find out status of claims.  Received memorandum rating for vocational rehabilitation for veteran, informed veteran that she will receive a letter asking her to come in for orientation.
Submitted supporting medical documents per request NSO Guam for veteran pending reduction in service connection condition.
Veterans came in to submit NOD.  Met with veteran about upcoming hearing for reduction in service connection condition. Submitted additional STR�S from reserve unit for veteran pending service connection condition. Submitted 21-22 with informal claim for veteran.  Submitted supporting medical documents per request NSO Guam for veteran pending reduction in service connection condition, also 21-526EZ for new claim.
Met with Hawaii rainbow chapter MOPH over the weekend to discuss changes with VA and discuss award letter with veteran, also discuss possible increase claim with another veteran at meeting.
Received correspondence and award letters for both Honolulu and Guam, mailed out letters to Guam.  Returned/received calls from veterans asking for status of claims.
Continue input into VCMS of awards, claims, etc.  General office duties, including making of new files, purging.  Follow-up on pending claims.
Breana King, NSO - VAMC Loma Linda:
This week at the Medical center was fairly busy.  I saw quite a few Vets week and I signed a few new POA�s and submitted new claims to the Regional Office.  Since the last day of the month fell this week, I worked on getting all mail sent out.  
I try to coordinate their claim appointments with their Medical Appointments here at the VAMC, so must Vet will be returning next week with their claim packets and 21-22.
I entered all claims and updates into VCMS. I did my weekly claim status checks with the Regional Offices, and I returned phone calls. As usual, Fridays are my filing and Administration days.
Michael Mullen, NSO - VAMC La Jolla:
It was very busy at the end of last week, but not so much for the start of this one.   I answered calls, returned messages, I saw a lot clients last week, and I submitted evidence for existing claims.  I spent a good portion from the start of this week reviewing and explaining rating decisions to my veterans.   So overall, this has been a pretty mixed week of business.
Answered a lot of calls, returned messages, and submitted some evidence for existing claims. There wasn�t anything out of the ordinary, but later this week I�ll be writing up my PPT for the Ancillary Benefit class I�m teaching for the training in Orlando.
Erin Hamlin, NSO - Salt Lake City:
Made and returned numerous phone calls.
Reviewed BDD/PLCP Rating Decisions and no PLCP SOCs.  Forwarded BDD/PLCP Development Letters and BDD/PLCP Submittals for other Service Offices.  I also continue my efforts to go through my office files and get them in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment