Friday, February 28, 2014

Fw: MOPH Region VI Weekly Report 2/20-2/26/2014




Weekly reports generated by Region VI NSOs, 2/20-26/2014.


San Diego VARO:
Completed research and submission to National of my powerpoint, handout and test questions for class scheduled at Annual Training in Orlando, FL, on Survivor benefits for service members who died on active duty.
No news to date of office space between Fresno and Bakersfield.
Continue with training of new NSOs and AAs in both VARO San Diego and VARO Los Angeles locations.   Continue on Follow-up with NODs and Appeals, as well as responding to phone calls, emails, claim review, etc.
Continue to review data in VCMS and checking Share/Vacols, Virtual VA, etc. for accuracy. Continue daily sign offs.
Attended SCM meeting and the following was discussed:  Enhancements within VBMS Awards and Integration of VBMS Rating with VBMS Award.  FDC update, Workload update, stating the VA here is working on claims filed Sept.1, 2013 and back.  As soon as those are completed will move to 9/1/13 forward.  Completed date is set for June 2014, but might be premature.  Changes to VA Form 21-526EZ, which is on the VA website, and FL 14-01 re SAH for ALS.
Eddie Kimes, NSO - Las Vegas:
Checked VCMS,VBMS and SHARE for claim statuses and awards.
Conducted  veteran consultations.  Filed new service connected claims, POA�s and submitted claims evidence with signature paperwork.  Returned phone calls and set appointments.
SEP weekly demo meeting (2/20).
Went to Vet Center and consulted with veterans concerning claims (2/26).  General office duties.
Joseph Phillips, NSO - VAMC Long Beach, CA:
I continue seeing Vets about a myriad of veteran�s services.  I inputted award letters into VCMS and updated diary entries.  I left a voicemail for the person responsible for connecting my all in one printer to the VA system.  No response yet.  I have been inputting VA Forms into the VA Copiers Document Server, in order for the receptionist in our area to be able to give VA Forms (Chang of Address, Direct Deposit etc�) to Vets without them seeing an NSO.
I received an e-mail from the Associate Chief Nurse here stating that they are working on a solution to VA providers completing DBQs.  I politely advised her that DBQs have been out since 2010 and that I appreciate them working on it but results would be better.  I also provided her with VA directive 2013-002 which outlines that providers can complete DBQs.
Tony DeVore, NSO - VARO San Diego, CA:
Had a very busy week of walk-in appointments.   Prepared for a hearing to be conducted on 02/27/2014.   Had a veteran that received an Retro-payment of 39,508.00.   Filed several claims and continue entering in Award�s received from the Dept of VA.   Will be preparing for upcoming hearings for March. Very productive week.
Arthur Harris, NSO - VARO Oakland, CA:
No report received.
Tennell Brady, NSO - VARO Los Angeles, CA:
During the week, this office conducted numerous live interviews, responded to telephone calls and submitted claims to the VA.
Attended an informal Decision Review Officer (DRO) hearing.
During this week, retro amounts of $35,395.00, $38,196.10, and $39,544.00 were applied to veteran�s claims that I previously filed with VA.
Johnnell Jackson, NSO - VARO Los Angeles, CA:
Received multiple phone calls, filed award letters as well as correspondence, mailed paperwork to their designated areas ,faxed veterans information where needed, made appointments for veterans, helped veterans various questions, sent claims to the VA to be date stamped, and help veterans submit their claims to the VA using forms such as 21-526EZ ect
Daniel Soto, NSO - VAMC Sepulveda/Wadsworth:
I have been assisting veterans, dependants, and widows with initial claims and various issues.  I have also begun familiarizing myself with the two facilities, I have been assigned too.  I have been establishing a working relationship with the social workers and employees that directly assist OIF and OEF veterans.  I have seen an average of 5-8 veterans daily at each office, and that number is steadily growing.
Ron Quinata, NSO - Guam:
Assisted veterans with appointments, walk-ins, veterans/dependents.  Submitted required documents to VBA Honolulu HR.

Office for processing of PIV Card. Access to VBA Desktop i.e. SHARES, VBMS, Virtual VA are working well thanks to the assistance of John at HQS IT.
Continued administrative work in the office i.e., updating VCMS, setting up appointments, following up on letters received, filing letters received/responding to telephone calls, emails.
Jay Parker, NSO - VARO Phoenix:
A lot of changes happening at this RO. In meetings we have been told that claims pending have dropped to twenty two hundred over 125 days. I really don�t understand why they tell us these things when we are looking at the real numbers.
They tell us the D1BC is closed down and those workers spread out in the building. And then tell us in the same meeting that is not going to happen right now because they have a new game plan from VACO to complete x amount of specific claims by June 2014. We discussed the new 21-22 again. The problems caused in e-benefits and SEP.
During my hospital visit I discussed audio C&P exams with the Director.
I visited Us vets homeless shelter to discuss things such as you don�t need a PH to be our client.
General office duties.
Cheryl Paden, NSO - VAMC Tucson:
I returned messages and emails to veterans who are looking for help to file FDC claims and some were looking for status reports.
One of my Veterans came to see me and he is now in in home hospice for Prostate, Bone, Liver and Lung cancers.
I told him I would be there to help his wife with the paperwork, I had to send a message to VA Regional office to try to get his dependency claim through. Sad

I reviewed VA letters, worked on files and general office duties.

I gave paperwork to Veterans who want to file for disability claims. All the claims I have filed have been FDC.
Raphael Paris, NSO - VARO Honolulu:
Met with veterans who requests representation through MOPH, submitted new 21-22, submitted new claim for compensation benefits.  Submitted personal hearing request for proposal reduction, per veterans request.  Met with veteran and submitted additional information for pension claim.  Met with veteran to discuss retro payment from VA.
Spoke to veterans in person and by phone about status of claims.
Received correspondence and award letters for both Honolulu and Guam, mailed out letters to Guam.
Continue input into VCMS of awards, claims, etc.  General office duties, including making of new files, purging. Follow-up on pending claims.
Breana King, NSO - VAMC Loma Linda:
This week I met with quite a new Vets, and signed a few new POA�s.
I continued to do my weekly claim updates with the RO�s, returned phone calls, and submitted claims and all necessary documents to RO�s.  As usual Friday are my administration days for filing and getting all documents entered in and mailed out for that week and the end of this month.
Michael Mullen, NSO - VAMC La Jolla:
No report received.
Erin Hamlin, NSO - Salt Lake City:
Out sick 2/20/2014.  I am still arranging my office from the move and am optimistic that I will be settled by the end of the week.  Made and returned numerous phone calls.  I reviewed Utah Rating Decisions, BDD/PLCP Rating Decisions and no PLCP SOCs.  I forwarded BDD/PLCP Submittals for other Service Offices.  I also continue my efforts to go through my office files and get them in order.

1 comment:

  1. Great article. Thanks for the info, it’s easy to understand. BTW, if anyone needs to fill out a 990,I found a blank form here: http://goo.gl/DLNYve

    ReplyDelete